Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday -- To Me!


So today I have accumulated 31 years of experience and memories. That is what I have decided each new year means. I really don't have a problem with getting older. Each phase of life brings its own new and exciting moments and I wish that as a whole we would embrace that instead of treating it like some disease. Sure the wrinkles will come and things will start to sag, but my youth will always be alive in my children and their children, and so on.
As I have gained experience with each year I have come to realize that it's the people in my life that make each year more meaningful. The presents, cards, and phone calls are nice but it is more the people behind them that make the moment treasured and lasting.
So this is a thank you to all of you wonderful people in my life who have given me experience and memories I will treasure forever. I'm looking forward to acquiring many more. xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Ben Maxwell said...

it was wonderful talking to you, birthday girl. i wish we oculd have celebrated together - in montrose of course. :) someday maybe. love ya megs!

emily said...

whatever, megs! it's from me - emily. i guess ben is logged in with his gmail and that logs him automatically in to blogger. anyways. . .