Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Halloween Pippy Style!!!
































So I just couldn't stand waiting to put Ellie's pictures up on the blog as to what she is going to be for Halloween. If you haven't figured it out already, she's Pippy Long Stockings and just about the cutest one I've ever seen. A friend had us over a few weeks ago to take pictures and I was really happy with how many of them came out. The one of her standing up with the big cheesy grin is my favorite though. I've decided to capitalize on her red hair for as long as I can before she wants to be a princess for 8 years in a row.
Ellie has finally started to say some words and I am so excited. We went to a sign language class and she picked up on some signs right away. I truly think we have a smart one. I was at Hobby Lobby (if you don't have one of these stores in your area, I'm very sad for you - greatest store ever) yesterday and was bending down to look at something. Ellie thought it would be funny to grab my hair and pull it. I was trying to get her to let go on her own, but she wouldn't. When I finally got untangled, I turned around and with a raised pointed finger said "No". She looked at me, and I'm sure feeling an heir of authority from her elevated position in the shopping cart, raised her right pointer finger and said "No" right back. It was so cute I just started to laugh. We'll see how long it is before it's not funny any more. She's so fun and I just love her tons and tons.
Hope the pictures get you in the Halloween Spirit.
Happy Orange!

3 comments:

Britt said...

Megan-
The pictures are awesome! She is sooooo cute. I was pippy longstocking one year, but not halfa as cute, and I had to dye my hair a tacky shade of orange. Hers is beautiful!

emily said...

sooooooooooo "freakin'" cute, megs! i love it! you did an awesome job and li'l pippy is adorable.

Suzie Petunia said...

What an adorable little girl! My husband has red hair, but as you've probably notice from my blog NONE of our 3 kids got that fun gene. I think this next baby will probably be our last and I would LOVE a red head!! I love Ellie's costume - and her name!