Wednesday, February 26, 2014
365 days of Learning
One of my favorite bloggers just wrote about a birthday tradition she is planning on starting. She heard from someone else that every year when someone has a birthday it's tradition to tell their family the things they learned in the last year. I think it's also a great idea and since last week I jumped into my 38th year of life, I want to document the things I feel I've learned in the last year.
*Start now. Whatever it is you want to do, don't wait. There will never be a more convenient time.
*Hormones definitely dictate my moods.
*I need to be pregnant if I ever want to do a major renovation of a home. (I'm not making any announcement here;)
*It's OK to get help. I can't do everything. Part of becoming my best self is realizing I can't get there without the help of others.
*Own my story.
*There needs to be more of the color purple in my life.
*Guard my words - especially towards the ones I love. Unkind words will often come back to hurt me more then them.
*Laugh freely at the things my kids say.
*Amazon Prime - it has revolutionized my life!
*Never judge anothers parenting.
*It's worth it to spend some money to save some time.
*There must be chaos before there's order.
*Listen, listen, listen.
*It's OK to be direct.
*The people who really know me, will never give up on me.
*Say "I love you" all the time.
*God's is the only opinion that should matter and be sought after.
*Share my recipes. There's no purpose in not giving them to others to enjoy.
I'm looking forward to another year of learning many more things about myself and the world around me! It feels great to be 38!!
9,991.25/+8.75
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love this Megan. There are a lot of great thoughts/advice/wisdom in it - in you. :)
And . . . funny you said that about your recipes. I meant to ask you about that Indonesian recipe from your previous post on service. Would you share that one?
Oh Megan! you are the best:) Love this list of yours! Also, I agree….more of the color purple will truly make anyone happy!!!
Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment