If 2012 is going to be represented by this past January then I'm going to go and hibernate for the year. Let's just say we have seen better months.
A few weeks ago we found out the Greg's dad has Leukemia. The ironic part is that I was way more upset by the news then Greg. Maybe because of my sister. Who knows. Bill has started chemo and seems to be doing well, but the next few weeks will be the real test for him. Fortunately, he's already bald. We pray from him several times a day.
The last few weeks we have seen our flooring in our basement start to bubble up. We had an inspector come out and we have water. SOOOO frustrating. Our contractor came and ripped a large portion of the floor up and it was really wet. Funny thing is that we have NEVER had water problems down there until we of course put in really nice flooring. Isn't that just how it always seems to go? Now we are just waiting for it to rain again so we can determine where the rain is coming from. I'm coming to grips with it and realizing it's just how life goes sometimes.
I went shopping last week and was thinking that we were doing so well in staying on budget. No sooner had I seemed to think that then, "CRUNCH". My tail light and a Walmart shopping cart decided to tango. Shopping Cart 1 : Tail light 0. So much for the budget. Fortunately we found a replacement online for about 1/2 what places around here were quoting us so thank you Google.
On Friday Greg went to start the van and it wouldn't start. We called a towing service to have them take it to our local Honda dealer because while a bit more expensive then another place, they could at least lend us a van while it was in the shop. Fortunately, the tow truck guy said there has been a rash of bad gas (a bit funny if you think of it in a different context) and just kept trying to turn our car over until he got it to start. Thank you friendly tow truck man!!!!
To top the month off we have been SICK, SICK over the last few days. Last Thursday Jack and I were both a bunch of couch potatoes. I knew he was sick because all he wanted to do was lay around. He didn't want anything to eat and didn't want to go to preschool. At one point he wouldn't even be convinced to come watch a movie. Now that's a sick Jack. We both got blessings that night and come Friday he was up and running around. I wish I could say the same was true for me. I was flat on my back all Friday. Luckily I have an awesome husband who stayed home from work to watch the kids. I couldn't have done it without him. I was so sick that with 800mg of Ibuprofen in me I was still running a fever. Not fun!!
By Saturday I was feeling a bit better and got myself together to try and make Jack's 4th birthday somewhat fun. We had donuts, gave him is presents, took a trip to Walmart for his cake and to buy "Bob" and "Sally" our new pet fish (part of his birthday presents), and then went roller skating. I lasted one slow trip with Christian around the rink before calling it quits. We went to McDonald's and then back home where I lay on the couch the rest of the night trying to get warm while sporting a 100 degree fever. Jack seemed to enjoy himself despite my best efforts so it was a success. I will do a tribute to my sweet boy soon.
We are on the mend for now. Greg and Ellie still need to get what the boys and I have had but we are hoping they have escaped. Hope you all have had a much better start to your 2012.





4 comments:
oh gosh, so sorry megan. truly sorry about greg's dad. i so hope the very best for him.
and no fun being sick, UGH. but hopefully you've gotten it once and won't get it for the rest of the year. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. and how super lucky you were to have greg home that day. i always say that men should have sick-days for when their wives are sick ('tho ben doesn't even get sick days, let alone for when i'm sick - ha.).
anyways, love ya girl. keep your chin up. :)
p.s. my verify word is "bread." cool, i love bread!
I am sorry to hear about Greg's dad. I hope he handles the chemo well, and that it does its job. We'll be praying for him.
So, I know your basement post is a bummer, but on the flip side - it looks rockin' awesome! I really like how it turned out - you know, aside from the water.
Happy birthday, Jack!
oh my goodness, so sorry to hear about his dad! we will keep him in our prayers, he is such a kind and funny man. :)
Post a Comment