Monday, December 05, 2011

No Need to Worry Mom. I'm Here and Doing Just Fine

It's hard to believe that this adorable baby boy was placed in my arms 2 years ago today.  From only weeks after being conceived this child has brought me constant reassurance and much needed peace in my life.  When I was only 8 weeks pregnant with him I remember standing in the check out line at Lowe's and feeling a small "gush".  My dad was in town so I left the kids with him and ran into the bathroom.  My worst fears were shortly realized.  Blood.  Not something any pregnant woman wants to see at 8 weeks.  After a few phone calls Greg and I were headed into the hospital.

I don't remember being overly alarmed but I was so nervous right before the nurse put the ultrasound probe on my belly.  Immediately a little "gummy bear" appeared as if it were waving, heart fluttering, and clearly active.  It was if he were saying, "No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."

From that moment on he as continued to echo those same sentiments. 

Throughout my pregnancy whenever I was nervous because I hadn't felt him I would almost immediately feel a kick.  "No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."

Toward the end of my pregnancy I was anxious about being overdue.  An induction was possible but I really just wanted to go on my own.  On cue again he came on his due date.  "No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."

In the first few months after his birth if I'd wake in the middle of the night and wonder how he was doing, a little whimper, cry, or movement would come from his crib.  "No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."


He has been my most loyal baby and yet at the same time has an independence that his two older siblings exhibit.  He runs to me when we've been apart and runs away from me when dropped off to play with others.  "No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."

Above all things that this quiet, loving, athletic, smart boy has done for me is given me physical love that I have experienced from none other.  Often he will wrap is tiny arms around my neck and squeeze me in the biggest hug he is capable of and literally fill my soul with this physical act.  " No need to worry mom.  I'm here, and doing just fine."

He has made me want to have other children.  I wish I was guaranteed that they'd all be like him.  He's so easy in so many ways.  And God knew I needed him that way.  It's as if with this sweet little gift, born in one of the most amazing of seasons, God Himself was exhibiting His faith in me by saying, "No need to worry.  I'm here, and you're doing just fine."

3 comments:

emily said...

what a sweet post about such a sweet boy.

i feel like i hardly "see" him and he just looks so different than your other kids. his blonde hair! but your kids are all 100% cuteness, that's for sure.

sweet, sweet, sweet.

Amie Orton said...

That was the best post until I read the one about jack and laughed and laughed and laughed. He came that way, now that is for sure. I cannot believe christian and his hair. He is so handsome and blonde and I love it! WHat a sweet and crazy boys you have! ANd then there's Ellie, who from what I knew of her... is her own person too. Maybe a combo of her brother's.

Britt said...

I can't wait to meet that cutie someday. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father gives us these children with such different personalities, each of them with qualities that make us adore them (although some are easier than others to love! not that the others are loved less)