Thursday, January 06, 2011

The Word

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Dieter F. Uchdorf

I have known my new word for this year for several weeks now.  I haven’t waivered on it at all.  I have no doubt that it will guide me well throughout this year.  I’m excited to see where we go together.

Create

To me this word is huge.  It encompasses so many things.  In an effort to not get overwhelmed I have broken the year down into 12 subcatagories.  I will always be working on each of the 12 but for 1 month out to the year they will get a little more attention and be the main focus of my creating.

So, for the month of January my focus will be....

Create: ORDER

The ordering process has already started in full swing.  I took a van full of stuff to Goodwill this last week and plan on taking a few more trips.  There will be many before and after photos so make sure to check in at the end of the month for the reveals.

Do you have a word for the year?  Do you have New Year’s resolutions?  What are some of your goals?  Please share, I’d love to hear them.

4 comments:

r.l.secor said...

my friend Diane is doing a word - I've been trying to think of a word for myself for a few weeks now and I am having trouble sticking with a positive word. It is good that you feel unwavering on your choice - and I like that you are breaking it down into create ____. Maybe I need to write down ALL my thoughts negative or not and see if I find a common pattern.

Crystal and Billy said...

I love that picture of you and Christian. Priceless!

emily said...

i love your word. and i agree - to create is something we all yearn to do. some days the only thing i "create" is an art project i'm doing with the kids, but, still, it satisfies me (for a little bit. . .).

i'm working on my new year's resolutions. i feel like i haven't had a moment since the new year started to really think about them - well i've thought about different ideas, i just need to put them down on paper. perhaps friday date-night (which we never do - ha!) tomorrow will be resolution-writing. so fun.

p.s. your christmas picture was my #1 favorite of the season! and i loved the card it came in, too.

colleen said...

So your blog is one of my faves. I love the way you think and feel. And your "word of the year" has inspired me! I'm working on one too... I guess my NYResolutions start in February... I'm always running late... so I was happy to see your post on "timing." :)