So it finally snowed here on Saturday into Sunday and it brought with it a "gift" to the Tilton household.
I was on my way to a morning breakfast with some girls at church and was sitting at a light waiting to turn left. A man who was trying to turn right onto the road where I was took the turn WAY TOO fast for the weather conditions. I knew before he even knew he was going to hit me that it was going to happen from how fast he was going. Luckily none of the kids were with me. He hit the car right where Jack sits. The car seat didn't even move. I'm sure Jack would have been fine, but he would have been scared and cold since it blew the window out.
I instantly felt pain in my right upper neck. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until the fire department got there and a cute firefighter George told me he thought I should go to the hospital. (How can you argue with a cute firefighter?)Thus ensued being put in a collar, on a back board and a ride in an ambulance. I'm just glad I couldn't see anyone around me. It was a bit embarrassing to say the least.
The scariest part of the whole thing was sitting there watching about 4-5 more accidents happen all around me. I was SOOOO lucky I didn't get hit twice. The poor man who got hit by the same man as me then got hit again by another woman. It was a mess.
There were so many tender mercies in that the kids weren't with us, my visiting teaching partner came right over to watch the kids so Greg could come to the hospital, people calling all evening and this morning seeing how we were doing, someone bringing in dinner yesterday and tonight, the only damage to me being whiplash and a bruise on my knee.
We now have to wait to see if they total our car. We hope not. We love our car. We will be getting a rental for the next few weeks and my parents come on Wednesday. Much to look forward to and much to be grateful for. We feel very loved and very blessed.
4 comments:
ouch - to you and your car. :) so glad you had tender mercies surround you, though. so glad that you are fine! scary.
I am so glad you are okay! You are definitely loved.
I'm glad you are okay, Megan. I was worried about you! But I knew you were a tough cookie. ;)
i just got hit by a car. next sentence:
I feel very loved and very blessed.
followed by a huge smiley picture.
WHAT?! that is the incredible part of the story to me.
Post a Comment