Sunday, May 28, 2006

And So It Begins.....


Well, after looking at our friends fun blogs, we have decided to join in the fun. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to look at it as a fun way to document what it going on in our life, a journal of sorts.
So, at this very moment Greg is trying to teach Ellie how to go up the stairs. Not so sure how I feel about that, but I guess we have to start somewhere. It will only help add to her growing desires to be very independent. We feel as if we have hit the "terrible twos" a year early. I'm just hoping she's getting it all out now so that when we're 16 we will obey and honor our parents - I'm not holding my breath!
We just got back from a great overnight trip in Traverse City, Michigan. It is one of the most beautiful places I've been. We had a great time with our friends the Weavers and their 3 boys (one of which we hope marries Ellie). We went up there for me (Megan) to run a 10k race and to cheer both Brittany and Derek on in a marathon. It was Brittany's 1st and she did AWESOME!!! I also accomplished my goal of finishing the 10k under 6o minutes. I finished in about 57 minutes, which is the fastest I've run in a long time. I just looked at the official results and I ran a 9:14 minute mile, so I'm pretty proud of that. Now I just have to find some more races to keep myself motivated.
Well, we hope you all enjoy this. Well see how it works.

1 comment:

emily said...

hip, hip, hooray! i'm so glad you are joining the blog scene. I LOVE IT. i'm so glad i'll be able to see your cute family - i miss you guys terribly! and awesome running time - man, i need to step it up a bit if i'm ever going to run with you again! love ya, babe.