My mom got on a plane this morning and went home. She had been here for a week and a half while Greg and his brothers, father, and my father all went fishing in Canada. We worked, we played, we threw a dinner party, and we ate - oh did we eat. How that woman stays in the shape she does is beyond me. She could eat circles around me and still look good. I'm afraid I did not inherit her metabolism.
I always have an adjustment period after she leaves. I walk into my house and wonder what to do with myself. The constant companion of adult conversation is gone. Ellie returns to being my daughter and turning to me for her every need. A nap is usually in order since I'm running on fumes. Diaper changing is all up to me.
The good thing is that she will come back whenever I need her to. I'm spoiled in that way of being an only daughter. We'll have to see what happens when my dad retires in December - no more low fares on Southwest. I guess he'll have to pull some of that money out of the mattress I keep teasing him about. Really though - where better could he spend that money than on his children and grandchildren (I'm sure he would give me a list if pressed)?
Hurry back mom. I have a valence to finish in the family room, a master bedroom to finish redoing, and I'm sure I'll have a list of many more projects to get done that just seem so much easier when you are here - but then again, everything seems easier when you are here.
7 comments:
I love when mom comes to visit. I wish it could happen more often. I'm glad you guys are doing well. I was thinking about you last week because I had to give a lesson on "Service" in Young women. I just kept thinking about being a visiting teacher. Really till I had you as a partner it wasn't a priority. Thanks to you I learned to serve the women in Relief Society and have made some really good friends in the process. Now I'm the Partner that makes sure we get it done every month. Every month when it's starting to slip by I hear your voice saying "I just don't see why women can't get it done". It gives me that little extra push. Sorry, for that long overdrawn thing. Just thought I would thank you for being a great friend and helping in my journey.
such beautiful women you both are.
(huh, sounds like you need to be my VT partner for a while and get me better up to speed. you're a great gal, megs)
Im jealous but happy for you and sad for you too. I feel happy inside whenever I see your mom here to visit. I wish I could have stopped to say Hi with more than a wave but I was so nervous to get to primary.
I used to feel that way with my sister, like we worked well together. But, lately its been stressful. I guess I always wish I had someone to "work: with - I spend way too much time wandering around my house and my head wondering what to do.
yeah, your mom is pretty much one of the neatest women around! :)
meg you look great! we need to visit sometime. i am glad your mom could come stay...she is such a wonderful woman...it must be where you get it from!
I am so glad that you were able to have so much time with her. Moms are the best!
Well, I'd better go call the sisters I visit teach now! :)
Hey Megan I need to get your address. You can leave a comment on my blog or email it to me at jljackson56@yahoo.com. I can't compose an email so I hope this gets to you.
Post a Comment