
So today I was in Hobby Lobby getting some fabric. The man helping me was very nice and a bit of a jokster. He was talking to Ellie and then turned to talk to Jack and called him a her. I jokingly-defensively said to him that she was actually a he. He was a little surprised and confused since Jack had on some red sweat pants. He also had a grey shirt on. (The outfit looked very boy to me.) I told him that red is a boy color, but he told me that it was confusing since Jack has red hair and had on red pants.
Can anyone out there explain that logic to me? I just don't get it. What does having red hair and red sweat pants on have anything to do with you being a girl? I just don't see it. Jack is SOOO boy to me that I don't know how anyone could make such a mistake. At least he's too young to care.
8 comments:
when i first read this, i thought jack had called the man a she, and i thought, DANG that boy is advanced! ha.
but no, he's all boy. don't you worry.
That's really funny! I agree, he is all boy.
HE'S adorable. but the only logic i can see with the man's comments is that jack was matching - red hair with red pants. :) ha. and matching is such a girl-thing - i've learned from all 3 my boys. :)
but i really don't know. you should go back and ask him. then tell us all!
How odd. He probably didn't know how to cover his tracks. Regardless, Jack is all boy!
He was probably embarrassed enough that words just came spurting out of his mouth. I bet he was smacking himself in the head after you left and telling himself what an idiot he was! How weird!
Speaking of weird, I was at the mall the other day chatting with a friend when a girl with down syndrome (who was also very large) came and suddenly sat on me . . .
thought you'd appreciate that one!
If it makes you feel any better, I've had a guy refer to Jane as a he when she was wearing pink. Some people!
ya just a man trying speaking before thinking trying to take the foot out of his mouth. But super funny. Kinda like when someone says "Hi Amie" and then I automatically say "GOOD. uh I mean I'm doing good, if you were wondering.. nevermind. HI." Ever done that? probably not. I do it often. Red and Gray are totally boy. FIre engine color right?
amie
I think he totally looks all boy. :)
Post a Comment