Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Our Trip to "Sandy World" and so much more!


So we just got back yesterday from a great trip to San Diego for some time with my family and to attend my cousins wedding. We were also able to see some friends from college and Pullman, so that was a definite bonus.
Ellie and I flew out on Wed. of last week and Greg came on Friday. Since the wedding wasn't until Sat. we were able to do some fun sightseeing. On Thursday we went to "Sandy World" (really Seaworld, but Ellie's cousin Dallin combined Seaworld and San Diego into one - pretty cute). I have to say I just love seeing sea creatures. They are just amazing to me. The new Shamu show was really good. We decided to go see the dolphins afterward and since we were way up high for Shamu I decided to have us sit a little closer in the "splash zone". We definitely saw the dolphins and DEFINITELY got splashed. We really think the dolphin did it on purpose and it wasn't just one time. It was over and over and over again. My dad got soaked and half of me got soaked - only because Ellie was sitting on the other half and took the water for mom. That was a little unfortunate since Ellie HATES the water and it wasn't just a little water in the face. She survived though and doesn't seem any worse for the wear. Although she still screams in her bath and we have no idea why (that has been happening long before the dolphin incident). Any tips on how to help her like the bath would be greatly appreciated. I'm just hoping she grows out of it. It's what I get for saying I would never have a child who hates the water.


Friday we went walking with my Aunt Dana and Lindsay and then came back and went swimming. Ellie actually does enjoy that as long as she is in her floaty thing I got for her last summer. I was bound and determined to go swimming and get some sun so that I have at least a little bit of a tan before the summer is over.
Friday evening we went to a cocktail party for my cousin and then ate at my uncle's restaurant "Jake's". It was yummy food. Greg flew in that night and Ellie and I were happy to have him with us again.




On the way to the wedding.















The View from the wedding spot!





















The Happy Couple!

















The Wedding Party
















Greg Driving the Getaway Car




Saturday, Greg and I went for a run which was nice and then my mom and I went and got our nails done. It was fun since I never do that. We then went and got ready and then took Ellie to our friends from Pullman to have them watch Ellie for the wedding. They were such a blessing and so nice to do that for us. I think everyone had more fun that way.
We then headed off to the wedding and what a beautiful wedding it was. We all had to arrive at my aunt and uncle's at 3pm and were then bused to the wedding location. They were married on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Afterward, we were bused back to my aunt and uncle's for a beautiful reception at there home. Their house is so gorgeous and the weather was perfect for the event. It was fun to visit with cousins who I only seem to see at events like these. They are all such great people and I hope our desires to have a family reunion next year really happen.
Sunday was casual and we got to visit with my good friend and old roomie Rachelle and her husband Dave and little boy Joshua. It was so good to see them and we really appreciate their efforts in coming down to see us.


Hungry Hippos!!!














Monday we went to the San Diego zoo. It was so great. That zoo is really amazing. I seem to always like anything with animals, but this was very impressive. The way they have the exhibits set up is very viewer friendly. The monkeys and the hippos were my favorite. Ellie loved all of it. She is so fun to watch. She has started this new thing of sucking in air the way you do when you are surprised. She does it all the time when she sees animals or anything that makes her excited. Very cute!!
Sorry for the book, but that was basically our weekend. It would have been perfect if I hadn't lost my cell phone on the plane on the way home. We tried to get it back, but the plane was already leaving again. I'm pretty sure it's gone forever, but miracles do happen right? We'll see.
Enjoy the pictures!!

2 comments:

emily said...

hi meg! great "book" and great photos - loved them! your whole family looks really great - i love the picture of you and greg on the way to wedding; you guys look fantastic. we'll try to talk soon!

Katie said...

Hey Megan I just wanted you to know that I check your site often and really enjoy your blog. It's fun to see you all and hear how things are going. You guys look great. We are coming to MI on conference weekend and so we will see you soon.
the Allsop's