Monday, June 26, 2006

Truly Crazy

I am finally making myself sit down and post another blog. Actually, I finally have some time to do it. I can't remember last when both mine and Greg's lives were sooooo crazy and out of control. We have both had a lot on our plates. Greg turned 33 this last week - he's sure getting old:). I had just planned to take him to dinner and a movie, but it evolved into a surprise party, so that added more stress to make sure that sure he didn't find out. It worked out well and my flag cake was a big hit. Definitely not low cal or low budget - but tasty none the less. Hope you enjoy the pictures.


The day after the party (actually Greg's real birthday) I had Enrichment. That turned out to be more stressful then I had hoped. We did a combined meeting with two other wards and had an emergency preparedness speaker come from another stake. I think the women liked it and we had close to 70 come - which was much more than we thought would be there. I honestly felt the loneliness of leadership that night. I have no idea how people in larger callings than me do it. But I do think it was a success, so that makes the stress worth it.
Now that that is all over, my full efforts need to be thrown into the Tilton Family Amazing Race. Greg and I are a bit nervous that it is going to take a lot longer than we think and that the family is going to get tired of it. I guess we will find out.
While I've been really busy in my life, poor Greg has been super busy in his, and unfortunately it's not going to let up for him for awhile. He flew out tonight for a job interview in St. Louis that he will have tomorrow, in which he had to get a huge presentation ready for. He feels very unprepared, so pray for him. He had an assignment for his class due today and has is final on Thursday. Then he has to start immediately working on a research proposal for another job he's applied for in West Lafayette, Indiana. That is due at the end of the week of the family reunion which we fly out for this Sat.


So, CRAZY truly is a good word to describe all that is going on here.
Fortunately, we have been able to spend time with dear friends here, many of whom are leaving us soon and that makes us very sad. We will dearly miss the Tai-Hook family who has been here with us the last 3 years and finally finds it's time for them to return to their beautiful home state of Hawaii. If we have any say in our future plans, we know we will see them again because I know we will want to go back to Hawaii someday.
We are also losing our favorite senior missionary couple the Stevensons (on the right in the picture). They will be returning to Idaho Falls this week. We have just loved having them in our ward and can't believe their time is up already. Fortunately, Greg's grandma lives in Idaho Falls, so we know we will see them again when we head that way for a visit.


On top of all this we still have our little Ellie. She has been a trooper. I've attached some pictures of her losing a fight with the tab stickers and enjoying some new toys I picked up at the "Nearly New Table" for Enrichment.


She is just soooo cute sometimes I can hardly stand it. She actually cried today when I dropped her off for "Tot Watch" at the YMCA. I was truly flattered!
Hope you are all doing well.
Meg

No comments: